Reliable Gas Furnaces for Cincinnati Area Homes
Gas furnaces are trusted by many Cincinnati homeowners to deliver home comfort and energy efficient heat all winter long. For natural gas furnace products that offer dependable performance in the home, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers a great selection of high efficiency gas furnace options to replace aging furnaces or heat pump systems. Our NATE-certified heating technicians perform repairs and tend to the maintenance needs of any model gas furnace already installed in your home.
Access Experienced Professionals Whenever You Need Help
When you need help with furnace problems, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is just a quick call or contact away. We help with around the clock emergency availability, tending to system issues whenever they occur. When a problem prevents the use of your home’s gas furnace, call us for unmatched technical help that gets your system back on the job fast to heat the air throughout your Cincinnati area home.
Gas Furnace Options to Fit Your Needs
When replacing older gas furnaces or electric heat pump units, Cincinnati homeowners have more options now than ever! With so many high efficiency furnaces and other heating products available, how do you know which model meets the needs of your household? Buying new furnaces should never be done without consulting the Comfort Consultants of Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing.
Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. We offer a selection of gas furnaces for use in your residence, presenting a range of features that deliver better performance, high AFUE rating percentages, and more. From price low to price high, we help you find a furnace model that meets your home comfort needs as well as your budget. With a well-trained professional at the ready to answer any furnace and heating model questions you may have, buying a new gas furnace has never been easier while shopping with Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing!
Once you select the new gas furnace that fits your needs best, our NATE-certified furnace installation experts are ready to place the new system into service for your family. Our technicians have undergone Carrier factory training and have in-depth experience with each gas furnace model we offer. The additional training our team receives ensures the furnace products we sell are installed properly so they are able to perform properly in your home for years to come.
Buying A New Gas Furnace Model for Your Cincinnati Home
Natural gas is a cost-effective way to heat Cincinnati homes, thanks to low utility rates as well as high efficiency AFUE rating percentages available from today’s gas furnaces. Cincinnati homeowners want to know which gas furnace is the best for their homes – gas furnaces typically last 15 to 20 years, so the model you choose can affect heat performance in your home for the next two decades!
The gas furnaces available to Cincinnati homeowners use the latest technological advancements to deliver high efficiency performance and enhanced user experience. While searching for a new gas furnace, look for the following features in your next furnace model.
The energy efficient performance of a furnace is measured by its AFUE rating. This is a percentage which tells the buyer how efficiently the model uses the energy it consumes. In the United States, the minimum AFUE allowed by current regulations on new heat system products is 80%. As the AFUE of a model increases, this indicates improving efficiency, or more heat produced for the home per unit of energy consumed. 95% AFUE or greater indicates high efficiency heating output from the furnace. Higher AFUE furnaces cost less to operate but are typically more expensive to purchase, whereas lower AFUE furnaces cost more to operate but are typically cheaper to buy.
ENERGY STAR high efficiency furnaces for Cincinnati residents deliver an AFUE rating of 95% and above. When you buy a new gas furnace with the ENERGY STAR rating, you’ll know the model operates up to 15 percent more efficient than base furnace models on the market. The difference can save you up to $85 in operating costs each year. Purchase and installation of ENERGY STAR gas furnaces can qualify homeowners to receive rebates and credits through federal and local government as well as utility providers. Ask our Comfort Consultants about ENERGY STAR heating units for your home.
Heating Output Speed
Today’s gas furnaces offer a range of heat circulation capabilities for better home comfort and energy efficiency. The system’s blower motor speed impacts energy efficient operation and presents savings opportunities without sacrificing even heat and comfortable warm air indoors.
- A single stage blower motor only offers one operating capacity, so the system moves heat at full blast all the time. This is the least efficient option for Cincinnati homeowners.
- A two stage blower motor can circulate warm air at high or low output. The gas furnace defaults to low output to save energy but moves up to high output when extra help is required to heat the home, typically when outdoor temperatures are very cold. The lower output produces quieter operation as well.
- A variable speed blower motor operates at different speeds to deliver the most energy efficient operation at all times. Precision heat control from the gas furnace equals better comfort levels inside the home with less energy consumption. Variable speed blowers contribute to higher AFUE ratings on these gas furnace models.
Gas Furnace Capacity
Gas valve and burner operation can also be performed at differing rates for enhanced efficiency furnaces on today’s market.
- In a single stage gas furnace, a single flow rate is offered by the gas valve at all times – full capacity. Burning more fuel, this option is the least efficient.
- Two stage gas furnaces have adjustable flow from the burner, with a low rate around 70% and a high rate at 100%. The fuel-conserving low rate is typically used to save energy but high output is available when needed to maximize comfort.
- Multi-stage or modulating gas furnaces have burners that electronically alter gas flow rates for optimal energy efficiency at all times. By adjusting flow rate, the precise amount of heat is created for the home without excessive energy waste. Gas furnaces with this option have higher AFUE numbers.
Gas furnaces pass air over the heat exchanger to heat air. The heat exchanger holds the byproducts of the gas combustion process, keeping these dangerous gasses out of the home’s air supply during the heating process and then they are exhausted out the system flue pipe.
One heat exchanger is standard but today’s high efficiency gas furnace often incorporate a secondary heat exchanger to maximize the use of heat produced by combustion gasses. These gasses flow from the primary to secondary heat exchanger where more heat is emitted and latent heat from vapor formation is harnessed for air heating.
Earning Trust Since 1977
Thomas & Galbraith Service Area
The Thomas & Galbraith team works throughout the following zip codes shown on the map. Don’t see your location on the map? Call us… we’re growing every day!
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (513) 327-2578