Your boiler gets a work during the cold Ohio winters. Keeping your home warm and safe with a reliable source of heat is an absolute must. Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is your best choice for boiler repairs, boiler maintenance, and boiler installation / replacement work. We’re known as the boiler experts in Cincinnati. We make sure our clients are warm and comfortable in their homes all winter long. If you have a problem with your home staying warm, we’re on call ready to help.
Your boiler system should be checked at least once a year by a licensed professional. Skilled technicians from Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing are able to make the checks and adjustments needed to keep your boiler operating safely and efficiently. During an annual maintenance check, your technician should do the following:
- Check for proper operation
- Safety devices are checked
- Electrical connections are clean and in good condition
- Fans and other key components are working efficiently
- Seals are intact
- Electrodes are in a good condition
- Clean boiler & burner
- Burner adjustment using a combustion analyzer
- Correct gas pressure and flow
- A flue gas analyser to make sure the boiler is burning the right mixture of gas and air
- Condensate trap and pipe is not blocked
- Water and gas pipework
We provide maintenance agreements for Cincinnati homeowners to ensure their boilers are working efficiently all year long.
Boiler repairs differ from gas or electric furnace repairs because the problems with a boiler typically aren’t mechanical problems. Our Comfort Consultant will check your system and assess the situation. They will ask you questions and test the boiler before diagnosing the problem for you. Common boiler problems you may experience with include:
- Unexpectedly high gas bills
- Banging or clanging when the boiler is in use
- A weak pilot flame
- Inability to maintain a steady flow of water
During the visit our technician will perform a safety inspection and alert you to any issues. We’ll let you know what options for repair are available and have you approve any work before we begin. Typical repairs include:
- Boiler tube repair or replacement
- Repairing external piping
- Refractory repairs
- Welding repairs of cracks or leaks
- Boiler feedwater pumps, condensate pumps
- Custom sheet metal ductwork
Our Comfort Consultants have years of experience diagnosing problems with boilers. We’ll get your unit back up and running in no time, and if it’s time to replace your boiler, we’ll recommend a new unit that works for your home and get it installed quickly.
As a boiler ages, it has to work harder to heat your home effectively. Inefficiencies from age also increases the risk of a boiler malfunctioning. Boilers should last up to 15 years. To keep your boiler in good working condition during for that amount of time, it’s recommended that you have it serviced every year. Annual maintenance can lower the risk of malfunctions and help keep your boiler efficient.
Signs that your boiler may need to be replaced:
- Your boiler needs frequent repairs
- Your energy bills have continually climbed
- You see yellow flames
- You notice a lot of corrosion / rust
- You have frequent leaks
If you’re thinking about replacing your home’s boiler, ask one of our Comfort Consultants what options are available to you. It may be that with service, your boiler can be repaired and that you can continue to use it. Our experts will provide you with all of the options available to you so that you can make an informed decision about replacing or repairing your boiler.