Duct Cleaning Service for Cincinnati, Ohio
Though you probably don’t think about them much, your home’s air ducts serve as a vital network to deliver warm and cool air throughout your home year round. Hidden in your walls, your air ducts are at work whenever you run your air conditioner or furnace. While you can’t see it happening behind your walls, dust and debris are accumulating in the air ducts of your HVAC system. Duct cleaning services remove these harmful contaminants and leave a cleaner, more comfortable environment for your home. Duct cleaning is a bit more complicated than just dusting your furniture, and requires professional equipment.
Why Is Duct Cleaning Important?
The air in your home includes dead skin, allergy and illness-causing pollutants and other contaminants. Take a look where sun or light is shining in any room in your home. That stuff you see floating around is being circulated through your HVAC system and into your nose and mouth. Your furnace filter catches some of it, but the rest is collecting in your air ducts or floating through your home waiting to be pulled back into the airflow, where it will eventually make your air ducts even dirtier. Most people spend about 90% of our time inside, and if your ducts are dirty, it means you are breathing in a lot of impurities every day.
A Thomas & Galbraith duct cleaning technician has specialized tools to dislodge and remove dirt and debris in your air ducts. Once dirt is removed, your air ducts are sanitized. Duct cleaning service includes the cleaning of your supply and return air ducts and registers, diffusers and grills, heat exchangers, and cooling coils.
What’s really in “a breath of fresh air” that comes from your home’s air ducts…
- Dust… A 1,500 square foot space generates about 40 pounds of dust every year.
- Dust mites… One speck of dust can carry 40,000 dust mites and other illness-causing bacteria and viruses.
- Dead skin cells… which feed the dust mites.
- Pet dander and fecal matter…Bits of a pet’s dried spit and fur are common triggers for allergies and asthma. Feces from your pet also adds contaminates into the air.
- Germs, bacteria, viruses, mold, mildew, and fungi… All of these love to grow in dirty air ducts.
- Insects and other bugs… Insect and bug feces can be a strong trigger for allergies and few homes are free of bugs even if you don’t see them. A study by the New England Journal of Medicine found that more than half the homes tested had high levels of cockroaches, and children living in homes with high levels of the bugs were more than three times as likely to be hospitalized for asthma than their counterparts.
- Household cleaners/aerosols, insecticides, pesticides… Often we poison our air as we attempt to resolve other problems in the home. Chemical fumes and toxins from cleaning products, hair styling, and insect repellent go right into your home’s air circulation.
- Chemical gases (formaldehyde, benzene, etc.) from new carpets, furniture, dry cleaning, and construction… That “new” smell when you have your walls painted, carpet replaced, clothes dry cleaned, or a new addition added to your home is caused by the out-gassing of the chemicals used to treat products and materials.
- Cigarette, cigar, and pipe smoke… Everyone knows second-hand smoke is no good for you. Smoking in your home contaminates your air with 3,600 cancer-causing toxins that cling to clothing and can release themselves when you enter other homes and buildings.
More reasons to clean your ducts…
- Clean duct systems restore capacity and lessen running time of your HVAC system, which means you save more on monthly utility bills
- The air-tight homes of today lock-in pollutants from construction as well as everyday air contaminants
- According to a recent study the allergen level in super-insulated homes is 200% higher than it is in ordinary homes
- 9 out of 10 HVAC system failures are caused by dirt and dust… Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service
- Most of the fiberglass filters you can purchase in hardware stores are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc. from passing through them… American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and A/C Experts
- 50% of all illnesses are aggravated or caused by polluted air… American College of Allergies
- A baby crawling on a home’s floor inhales the equivalent of four cigarettes each day as a result of the out-gassing of carpets, molds, mildews, fungi, and dust mites… Scientific America
- 6 out of 10 homes and buildings are considered “sick.” These buildings are hazardous to your health to occupy as a result of airborne pollutants… Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
“Excellent Service, Charlie, listened to the issue I had, and investigated to find the solution, much quicker and faster than I expected. Really a great job!” – Ali G.
“Matt was professional, knowledgeable and personable. I felt like he went above and beyond during our service appointment and I was very comfortable and confident in his abilities and knowledge. If your company can do something special for him, he deserves it. He represented Thomas and Galbraith perfectly. Definitely an employee you want to keep happy !!! 🙂” – Elizabeth & Denise
Thomas & Galbraith Service Area
The Thomas & Galbraith team works throughout the following zip codes shown on the map. Don’t see your location on the map? Call us… we’re growing every day!
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (513) 327-2578