Sewer Repair Service for Cincinnati and the Surrounding Cities
The largest drain in your home is the main sewer line, and all of your home’s drains dump into it. This drain connects your home to the city sewer via an underground sewer system. Everything that goes through a drain in your home (stuff from your garbage disposal, toilet, showe, etc…) travels through the main drain to the city sewer.
All kinds of clog-causing debris go down the drains in your home… grease, hair, toilet paper, toys, and more. Sometimes clogs are even caused by things out of your control such as tree roots growing into the sewer pipe. When yoy get a clog in your sewer line, you will want your drain unclogged as quickly as possible, but you will need to find out the source of the problem so that you can prevent it from happening again.
Mainline sewer repairs can become messy. But, when repair or replacement of underground pipes is necessary, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing uses trenchless technology to minimize the disturbance to your yard, landscaping, driveway, etc.
Thomas & Galbraith Service Area
The Thomas & Galbraith team works throughout the following zip codes shown on the map. Don’t see your location on the map? Call us… we’re growing every day!
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: (513) 327-2578
Before choosing to repair or replace the sewer line, it is critical to get recommendations from a knowledgeable, experienced sewer expert. Our plumbing professionals are trained to locate the source of your drain problem and provide options that are available to you. Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing does more than unclog drains. We offer a full range of sewer services, including main sewer line repair, sewer line replacement, and sewer line cleaning.
Common Sewer Line Problems
- Sewer Backed Up: Grease buildup or foreign objects restrict or prohibit proper water flow.
- Tree Roots: Tree or shrub roots penetrate the sewer line, snagging toilet paper and other foreign objects that block or prevent water flow.
- Corrosion: Pipes deteriorate and/or break, causing blockages in the line and restricting water flow
- Broken Pipes: Pipes are cracked, punctured or collapsed by shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, etc.
- Off-Grade Pipes: Existing pipes may deteriorate or corrode when constructed of substandard or outdated material.
- Sewer Gas Odor: Smelling sewer gas in or around your home or building is a tell-tale symptom that there is a crack somewhere in your sewer system. A sanitary sewer should be air tight everywhere with the exception of vent stacks on your roof which allow for the sewage to move downhill.
- Extra Green and Lush Patches in Grass: Spotting an extra green and lush patch of grass in your yard may be due to a sewage leak underground. Since sewage acts as a fertilizer for vegetation, leakage from your main line into the surrounding soil will give the surrounding grass extra nutrients that will result in a lush and extra green appearance.
- Mold Problems: Mold growth may also be a sign of a break in your sewer lines behind your walls.
- Bellied Pipes: A section of the pipe sinks due to ground or soil conditions, creating a valley that collects debris and waste.
Financing available with approved credit!
Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing does more than unclog drains. We offer a full range of sewer services, including main sewer line repair, sewer line replacement, and sewer line cleaning. Before choosing how to repair or replace the sewer line, it is critical to get recommendations from a knowledgeable, experienced sewer expert. Our plumbing professionals are trained to locate the source of your drain problem and provide options that are available to you.
Cincinnati Sewer Line Maintenance
The very best way to maintain your sewer drain is free! Simply avoid putting things down your drains that are not supposed to go down a drain. Don’t flush baby wipes, feminine hygiene products, hair, grease, oils, large quantities of food, or harsh chemicals. Even products that claim to be flushable can cause problems when they get into your drain.
If you need to clean your drain, Bio Clean is a safe product without harsh chemicals that can damage your pipes. Bio Clean has natural bacteria and enzymes that digest the organic waste that builds up inside your drain line. You can use it to remove things like soap scum, hair, food, and paper.
Cincinnati Sewer Line Replacement
Unfortunately, a burst, collapsed, or cracked line isn’t that uncommon for homeowners. Identifying the source of the clog is key to making the choice between repair or replacement. Usually, finding the source of the problem requires a camera inspection which may show a broken, collapsed, or disjointed pipe or roots that have penetrated the pipe. A Thomas & Galbraith plumbing technician will be able to assess the situation, explain what has happened, and recommend options that will eliminate the problem. The technician will educate you on those options so that you can make an informed decision on how to proceed. If you choose to replace your sewer line, we’re on call ready to offer trenchless sewer replacement services.
“Brandon was a consummate professional! He answered my questions, explained the variations in sensor humidity responses in various areas in our home and made some suggestions concerning the need to filter the humidifier water supply and possibly moduify the humidistadt with a new digital model. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others to check out the operation of their heat pump systems! A very pleasant young man. Thank you for your help with our system.” – Allan H.
“Your guy, Justin was amazingly nice, professional and represented your company as well as any owner would want! Do all you can to keep him under tour wing!! Adefinite plus!!” – Bobby C.