Maintenance Services for Heating and Air Conditioning HVAC Systems in Cincinnati, Ohio
The heating and cooling system in any Cincinnati home should undergo regular maintenance each year, no matter if you use an air conditioner and furnace or a heat pump HVAC system. Heating and cooling maintenance completed by a licensed HVAC technician twice per year is ideally performed in the spring for a cooling system and in the fall prior to winter for a heating system. Proper maintenance includes inspection, cleaning, and service for all HVAC equipment, including the indoor unit and outdoor unit.
Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing helps Cincinnati area homeowners keep their heating and cooling unit in top shape with tune ups for heating as well as air conditioning cooling maintenance. When you have regular heating and cooling maintenance tune ups performed by a licensed heating and air conditioning technician each year, you benefit by improvements to your system’s efficiency and by preventing expensive repairs, all while helping your HVAC system keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
HVAC maintenance provides comprehensive are for all elements that make up home HVAC systems, addressing components including ductwork, the evaporator coil and condenser coil, electrical connections, the heat exchanger, thermostat, blower, and other moving parts. Not only will maintenance help your heating and air conditioning system running efficiently, it satisfies the warranty requirements of most manufacturers in order to preserve this valuable coverage. Contact Thomas & Galbraith to have a technician maintain your air conditioning and heating system today.
Heating and Cooling System Maintenance Benefits for Cincinnati Homeowners
It doesn’t matter if your system operates flawlessly or you experience possible repair issues like odd noises – regular maintenance is a must for any heating and cooling system. HVAC maintenance is a professional service that delivers unmatched benefits for your furnace, air conditioner, boiler, heat pump, or ductless HVAC system, as it counteracts damage to limit the need to repair or replace vital components as well as the entire system itself.
When you make HVAC maintenance a priority for your heating and cooling system, the advantages you’ll notice include:
- Better performance from your heating or cooling system, allowing your HVAC system to easily manage temperature conditions inside the home for heating and cooling.
- Improved energy efficiency, so your HVAC system can continue doing its job without increasing the cost of your utility bills.
- You won’t need to repair or replace parts as often and breakdowns will be less likely to take you by surprise, because the cleaning and maintenance services reduce wear and tear damage in the system.
- Your air conditioner, heat pump, or furnace will typically last longer with regular maintenance, as a neglected HVAC system experiences more damage over the years due to the effects of long-term wear and use.
- Air quality inside your home improves thanks to the cleaning of the HVAC system and important parts such as the coils and air filter – a well-maintained system is better equipped to remove particle pollution from your living areas.
- You’ll retain valuable warranty protection should your heating and cooling system experience a malfunction due to a defective heat exchanger or other component, as most manufacturers require regular maintenance to pay out warranty benefits.
When to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
To best care for your HVAC equipment, you need to have heating and cooling maintenance performed by a licensed HVAC technician twice each year. Single function systems like a furnace, boiler, and air conditioning system undergo one tune up annually while heat pumps are serviced twice every year because they perform both heating and cooling functions for the home.
Anytime you have HVAC maintenance completed, it will be beneficial for your system. However, requesting maintenance, inspection, and cleaning for your comfort equipment offers a critical advantage when scheduled at certain points in the year. We recommend that you schedule cooling maintenance in the early spring, well ahead of the summer season; and have heating maintenance completed in the early fall before winter weather rolls in.
Why should you schedule maintenance service and have a technician inspect your systems in spring and fall? Timing maintenance this way helps you avoid surprise breakdowns and a longer wait for repairs once peak use seasons arrive across the Cincinnati area. As technicians inspect HVAC units, they are able to identify flaws in parts or operation that could cause a total system failure once you go to turn on the unit for the first time after months of dormancy.
- Correcting repair issues once you have a technician inspect the system can help you avoid making the issue worse by running the system. Repairs can be much easier to make early on and cost a whole lot less – if you wait, you could pay a lot more money to fix serious HVAC damage.
- Many homeowners are hit with the nasty surprise of heating and cooling systems that won’t turn on once the first hot or cold day of the year arrives. When you have a professional inspect and service your system ahead of time, these errors can be identified and fixed before they cause you any problems.
The first day of any heating or cooling season is a big day for HVAC contractors, with homeowners calling in because they can’t get their heating and cooling equipment started. This means HVAC companies are inundated with calls for repairs – if this happens to you, you may be forced to wait days for the repairs your system needs or pay more for emergency service. Making the effort to spot and correct such errors in early spring and fall can help you avoid this mess altogether.
What Is Included in Heating and Cooling Maintenance?
Regular maintenance tune ups for heating and air conditioning systems include service for all major components, along with inspection and cleaning. The steps performed depends on what kind of HVAC system equipment you have at home as well as the season, whether it’s time for a heating tune up or a cooling tune up. Parts addressed during this service to maintain your units include:
- Evaporator coil
- Condenser coil
- Blower motor
- Heat exchanger
- Electrical connections
- Condensate drain
- Refrigerant lines
- Reversing valve
- Ignition system
In addition to servicing specific parts, your technician also tests various measures of system performance during the tune up. With these measurements taken, adjustments to system performance are implemented which allow your system to run with better efficiency so you benefit from improved comfort control in the home. Supply and return air temperatures are measured in order to identify the possibility of problems such as dirty air filters, ductwork leaks, refrigerant leaks, the need for fan speed adjustments, and more.
Outside of professional maintenance tune ups, there are tasks every homeowner should perform throughout the year to keep HVAC systems operating at their best and prevent system damage. You need to replace the system’s air filter on a regular basis to preserve efficient air movement inside the system and avoid issues like stress to equipment and overheating. Check filters monthly to assess their condition. Keep vents open in all rooms to ensure proper airflow across the home. Clean the outdoor unit of debris to avoid airflow blockages.
True Comfort Membership from Thomas & Galbraith Makes Maintenance Easy
Heating and cooling maintenance is one professional service that undoubtedly has the most impact on your HVAC system. It is so important in so many respects, yet it’s all too easy for homeowners to forget. In order to help our customers reap the benefits of routine maintenance and avoid the problems that come with skipping this service, Thomas & Galbraith Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has a solution to make caring for heating and cooling systems much easier: our True Comfort Membership.
What is True Comfort Membership? It is an HVAC maintenance agreement that ensures your air conditioner and furnace or heat pump receives the annual maintenance tune ups required for better performance and energy efficiency. When you join our True Comfort Membership, you won’t have to worry about making another HVAC maintenance appointment – our team takes care of it for you! We schedule your maintenance visit when it’s most convenient for you, during the prime times of early spring and fall to maximize the benefits you receive from maintenance.
When you join our True Comfort Membership plan, the perks you receive extend beyond the benefits of regular maintenance. Additional perks of your membership include:
- 24/7 emergency repairs with no overtime charges
- Free diagnostic services with repairs
- $20 discount on diagnostic services without repairs
- 15% discount on HVAC repairs
- 2-year parts and labor warranty on HVAC repairs
- 15% discount when you purchase new air quality products
- 5% discount (plus accruals) when you purchase new HVAC equipment
Joining our True Comfort Membership provides unmatched value you won’t receive anywhere else. Remain confident that your heating and cooling system will serve you as expected throughout heating and cooling season, thanks to guaranteed maintenance services. Should your system experience performance issues, you’ll be able to take advantage of big savings on any needed repairs. Once it’s time for a new system, your savings continue!
Learn more about True Comfort Membership and sign up today!
Who Is MAX?
Max is an important part of our team. He is more than just a cartoon character. Max represents our commitment to quality work, craftsmanship, pride, and our passion to serve our clients and community. We celebrate this mentality through Max because these are the values that drive us to be the area’s most complete and comprehensive home service company. So, now when you see Max, you’ll know the story behind the man with the mustache!